Neat Old Stuff Neat Old Stuff

DERP

1.21 N***AWATTS.

The Northern Incident The Northern Incident

"Haters gonna hate"

People can despise the hell out of this if they want but the fact of the matter is- it's good animation and illustration. It's fluid, well written, genuinely effective and emotionally stimulating.

They hate on it for one reason only- the ending, the subject, frankly it's comedic relief. Real animators and artists alike laugh their asses off at the furry community for EXACTLY THAT REASON- they're so overly dramatic they just bawwww over the site of anything mocking their fandom. It's hilarious- they've got no opinion on the art whatsoever, JUST the ending, JUST THAT PART is enough to warrant them bringing their ratings down to a 2? That's pathetic! That's downright depressing. They're THAT close-minded that they cannot simply accept an animation for what it is- a brilliant work of humor and horror, straight out of a neo-British mockup.

Generic Protagonist #1 Generic Protagonist #1

Quite good

Indeed... nothing like John Freeman, at all...

drodZILiA responds:

THANK YOU. I NEEDED SOMEBODY TO SAY THAT.

Troll Ability Calculator Troll Ability Calculator

OHHHHHHH

I get it...

You're trolling trolls...

It's genius, really.

One Chance One Chance

Ridiculously depressing

Horribly depressing, but since that's what you were going for you did it very well.

If there was one thing I would change, I would add perhaps someone jumping out of the window of one of the buildings as you drove by in the later days. I think that would help to drive home the point a bit.

Theres nothing like you Theres nothing like you

Just a little bit could really improve this

I like it but it needs just a few minor tweaks, first off- while I (as I'm sure everyone else in their relatively right mind does) love filthy distortion, that waveshaper is just a smidge over the line, and that tiny shift switches it from an aesthetic to a speaker slayer. Lower it a teeeeeny bit so that it doesn't crap out the sound systems of most listeners, and it'll be the most fantastic thing to exist in the history of ever.

Additionally (or alternatively, it's your choice) gently limit your master track.

I've made this mistake countless times, and until recently I didn't know how to check if my tracks were "Too loud," let alone fix it because on my sound system they seemed just fine. Make use of limiters to gently "Cop out" your track, making it just low enough that you can differentiate between the really loud bass and the average volume intro/outro.

Other than that, maybe soft clip or just plain reduce the subbass a bit to make sure the kick comes through more- another mistake I as well as a thousand others have made countless times. (Loudness wars, and all that.)

hagish responds:

haha thanks dude, i'll get on it

the remnant of argamoth the remnant of argamoth

Egad

Have you ever heard of "Music theory" and composition?
Look up some chord references, it'll give you the gist of it, from there you can do practically anything.

[DB] Other Dimension [DB] Other Dimension

Very thin, which is a good thing

It's got an airy minimal feel about it, and unlike most "Trance" songs I've heard relies on melodic composition rather than intense synthesis and rigid rhythm, I like that. Delay is well balanced as well, I like the stereo effect it gives.

Nexus312 responds:

Self-Portrait Self-Portrait

WHAT ARE YOU, STUPID?

RED EYE FLASHES TWICE.

(please get the reference so you don't think I'm an asshole...)

J-qb responds:

lol, I only checked out Julian smith the other day cause someone said I (or rather this portrait) looks like him... that song is pretty hilarious though!

trolling, a gentleman affair trolling, a gentleman affair

Loluitroll

Trolling is indeed an art, and you sir appear to be an excellent artist.

data777 responds:

heheh thanks

Wade iu china Wade iu china

I see you've improved quite a bit

I see you've improved, especially in the face department.

I watch you on dA and I'd forgotten you had a newgrounds as well, I suppose I'll "Watch" you or whatever they do here on NG, too.